The Band Perry do angry very well, particularly if it’s from the point of view of a scorned lover. While their first album was sweeter, with gentler arrangements, ‘Pioneer’ sees the production of a lot of Paramore-lite sounds and mixes, and a lot of pissed off characters. ‘Better Dig Two’, the lead single, warned of her own death if her man so much as cheated on her. ‘DONE.’ yelled at a lover she wanted to be rid of, and other album tracks such as ‘Forever Mine Nevermind’ muse bitterly on the end of relationships. ‘Chainsaw’ does one better, however, and is more aggressive than all of the others put together, because well, she has a freakin’ chainsaw. Steer clear.
Search For The Country Record
Top Posts & Pages
- David Nail ‘I’m A Fire’ – Album Review
- Eric Church ‘A Man Who Was Gonna Die Young’ – Song Review
- It’s 2014; Why Are We All Still Just "Dumb Rednecks"?
- Nashville, Season 2, Episode 15 Recap!
- Eric Church & The Cadillac Three at The Ritz, Manchester, UK (March 1st, 2014) – Review
- Florida Georgia Line (ft Luke Bryan) ‘This Is How We Roll’ – Single Review
- Luke Bryan ‘Play It Again’ – Single Review
- Dierks Bentley 'Riser' - Album Review
- ACM Awards 2014 – Predictions
- iTunes UK Country Chart Roundup – 4th March, 2014
- Key Dates:
March 1 – Eric Church/The Cadillac Three in Manchester, UK (Review!)
March 2 – Blackberry Smoke (Review!)
March 7 – March 16 South By South West
March 14 – CMA Songwriters Series in London, UK (Review!)
March 15 – March 16 – Country to Country Festival in London, UK (Review!)
March 25 – March 29 – Tin Pan South Festival
March 26 – April 15 For The Country Record visits Nashville!
April 6 – ACM Awards live from Las Vegas
June 4 – CMT Music Awards live from Nashville
June 5 – June 8 – CMA Music Festival
June 8 – Dolly Parton in Liverpool, UK (Review!)
September 17 – September 21 – Americana Music Association Festival/Conference
Banner & logo exclusively designed for FTCR by SophieIsabella of October Wish!
Theme exclusively designed for FTCR by Jon Day Design!